You’ll need to learn how to decarb dry ice hash before cooking edibles with it. It’s easy to decarb kief, which is made from the psychoactive trichomes of marijuana buds and leaves.
Decarboxylation of kief is a chemical reaction where the cannabinoid THCA is converted into THC, which can then be processed when you ingest it. You need to decarb dry ice hash before cooking with it or your edibles will be much less potent. We can show the best way to decarboxlate dry ice hash in 3 easy steps:
How to decarb kief
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees farenheit.
- Place kief on a piece of parchment paper on an oven safe glass pan. Break up any large chunks into small pieces with your fingers.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. Once you decarb kief it will darken a bit in color and begin to have a rich, nutty smell. Avoid overcooking or THC will begin to degrade into CBN, causing a sleepy high. Cook for 20 minutes to decarb small quantities of dry ice hash, a thicker layer of hash would require a few more minutes.
You have learned how to decarb dry ice hash – what next?
Now that you know how to decarb dry ice hash, you’re ready to make your edibles with it. Adding it to a fat-based substance such as butter or oil is beneficial since THC is fat soluble. Here are some edibles recipes for you to try that can be made using kief from dry ice hash:
- How to make cannabutter with shatter
- THC-infused cocktails
- Turn decarbed kief into THC-infused coconut oil and use in this THC-infused honey tincture recipe