This delicious Russian Tea Cakes recipe uses cannabutter to incorporate THC. Also known as THC-infused snowball cookies, this weed edibles recipe is easy to cook and yields very delicious results. Since each Russian tea cake is small, you can easily adjust dosage levels for people looking for either low or high amounts of THC.
Make cannabutter for this Snowball cookies recipe
The first step in this is to make cannabutter. Let it harden in the fridge, then soften at room temperature to include in the recipe below. Your cannabutter can be made ahead of time and stored for several weeks. Here are some ways to make cannabutter:
- How to make cannabutter with kief
- How to make cannabutter from weed leaves and/or buds
- How to make cannabutter from shatter and other weed concentrates
How to make Russian Tea Cakes: recipe for edibles
Russian Tea Cake Ingredients
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter, softened at room temperature. Use a portion of cannabutter and a portion of regular butter depending on desired potency. See section below on THC dosage to determine how much cannabutter you should use. Make sure to fully soften it at room temperature for easiest mixing.
- 1/2 cup powdered 10x confectioners sugar
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose white flour (don’t use self-rising flour)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Approximately 2 cups of additional powdered sugar for dipping finished cookies
How to make Russian Tea Cake edibles
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix 2 sticks butter/cannabutter mixture, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Use electric mixers at medium speed.
- Slowly stir in flour, nuts, and salt and mix until it forms a smooth dough that can hold itself together.
- Form tiny balls and place on cookie sheet. Depending on the size, you should have about 25-30 cookies per batch. Make sure to use a cookie sheet and not a brownie pan with sides, as this would impact cooking times.
- Bake 9-10 minutes on center rack in oven. Do not overcook, they should not brown. Overcooking will dry them out quickly.
- Place on cooling rack for 5 minutes. The cookies will become easier to handle and firmer as they cool.
- Dip each cookie in 2 cups of powdered sugar spread in a wide bowl. Roll each cookie gently to completely cover, and place back on cooling rack.
- Wait 5 minutes and repeat rolling cookies in sugar. Repeat again, so each cookie is rolled three times total to form a glaze.
- Enjoy you edibles! See dosage information below.
How to determine the THC content of this Russian Tea Cakes edibles recipe
This marijuana snowball cookies recipe can easily be modified to allow for various levels of THC per cookie. Since your rolled cookie balls may vary in size, you’ll need to do some quick math to determine your total THC consumption per tea cake. Just determine the total THC in the cannabutter recipe you used, and divide this total by the number of tea cake cookies you rolled.
For example, if you have used cannabutter with 1000 MG of total THC and you made 25 cookies, each would come in at approximately 40 mg per cookie. If you roll 40 cookies, they’d each be about 33 mg THC. 33-40 mg is a great medium strength amount for users with average tolerance. Multiple cookies can be eater for users seeking higher dosages.
To adjust THC content, plan to use a mix of cannabutter and regular butter to get to the desired total strength in your batch. If each stick or half cup serving of your cannabutter has 1000 mg THC, you would pair this with one cup of regular butter. If you wanted weaker cookies, the just use one quarter cup (equivalent of half a stick) of this cannabutter and 1.5 sticks of normal butter to give you a total THC content of 500 mg. If you rolled 25 cookies in a batch with 500 mg total THC, each Russian tea cookie would have a strength of 20 mg THC.
How to store Russian tea cakes marijuana edibles
To store the Russian tea cake marijuana edibles in this recipe, place in ziplock bag or tupperware for a few days. For longer term storage, freeze for up to a few months in a tightly sealed freezer bag or container.
As with all edibles, clearly mark your storage container to indicate they contain THC and that they are for adults only. Store out of reach of children. Don’t risk storing these and hoping your kids won’t find them, take all necessary precautions.