In this THC-infused honey recipe we’ll show you how to use shatter (BHO, dabs) to make a cannabis honey tincture with coconut oil. The result is a great-tasting sweetener you can use in all kinds of edibles recipes. We’ll show you how to accurately dose THC levels of you weed honey tincture to ensure a fun time.
This recipe will make 12 oz. of marijuana honey. Each teaspoon will contain about 10 mg THC which will allow you to adjust dosage easily. A typical user will want to start with 10-30 mg THC per serving. Remember – be cautious the first time you try eating your THC-infused honey.
THC-infused honey tincture recipe
- 1 gram of shatter/dabs/BHO/butane hash oil/butane honey oil
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 10 oz. honey
How to make THC-infused honey
- Decarboxylate your shatter to activate the THC. Learn how to decarb shatter here.
- Heat coconut oil in a small mason jar set in a pan of boiling water.
- Add decarbed shatter to mason jar with oil, stirring to incorporate it. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add honey and shatter coconut oil to a blender or use a stick blender in a small mixing bowl. Mix until incorporated.
This recipe makes 12 oz. THC honey. Enjoy! To cut this recipe in half, try using 1/2 gram shatter, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, and 5 oz. of honey.
Note that your honey tincture may separate over time, if it does just give it another quick blend and you’re back in business.
How much THC is in marijuana honey made from shatter?
Now that you’ve learned how to make marijuana-infused honey using shatter, you’ll want to make sure that you are able to dose THC levels correctly. Since shatter is typically around the 70-72% THC range, we’ll estimate it at 72% for some easy math.
- If you make this shatter honey recipe with 1 gram (or 1000 mg) of shatter, you’ll have about 720 mg THC assuming you properly decarbed it. Each ounce of your THC honey tincture will have 60 mg THC, and each teaspoon will have 10 mg.
- If you make your weed honey with 2 grams of shatter, each teaspoon will have 20 mg THC.
As with all edibles, keep out of the hands of children and pets. Label it clearly as for adults only so someone doesn’t inadvertently ingest it.
This THC-infused honey recipe can be used to turn all kinds of foods into weed edibles. Add to your favorite tea, drizzle over pancakes or toast, or enjoy a squeeze straight out of the bear’s head. Enjoy!