We’ll help you find the best LED grow lights for weed in every price range.
LED grow lights have come a long way in the last few years. Quality has improved and prices have come down. The best LED grow lights will produce high yields and big, dense bud development − but at a premium price.
Choosing the best LED grow light to buy can be confusing because product descriptions are usually misleading. Pay attention to wattage and diode quality. In general you’ll get what you pay for, and you’ll want to plan to spend at least $700 for a light for flowering cannabis in a 4×4 or 5×5 area.
Be wary of cheap imitators who offer bold promises of a “1000 watt HPS replacement” for under $200. It’s nonsense. Cheap diodes and low energy consumption equals thin, wispy bud development. If your budget is under $500, consider an air-cooled 1000 watt MH/HPS or 600 watt MH/HPS light setup for half that price. They’re cheap and produce high quality buds, with the drawbacks of more heat and energy usage.
Gavita Pro 1700e LED Grow Light
Overall winner: Best LED grow lights for weed
The best LED lights for growing weed are the Gavita Pro 1700e LEDs. They’re a full-spectrum LED light that delivers intense light using 8 passively-cooled LED bars. It’s pricey but will grow killer buds.
- 645 watts with an output of 1700 µmol s-1 PAR and an impressive efficacy of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt. (what’s that mean? It’s efficient.)
- High quality Philips drivers, Samsung white LEDs and Osram deep-red LEDs
- Dimmable to 50% without any loss of efficiency
- Dimensions: 44.1 in x 43.7 in x 2.3 in
The Gavita Pro 1700e is the most expensive of the LED grow lights for weed on this page at nearly $1500. It’s not a good fit for growers on a budget. But if you’re looking to invest in a light that will maximize yield and deliver high quality buds, this light’s for you.
For a cheaper option, consider the Gavita 345 watt Pro 900e LED. It’s under $900 but will still deliver strong results. In small tents or grow rooms where heat is a concern, then this lower-wattage LED is a good choice. It has an IP66 rated 8-bar configuration and operates at 345 W with 2.6 μmol/j.
Spider Farmer SF 7000 LED Light
Value pick: Best LED grow lights for weed
The Spider Farmer SF 7000 LED is a good balance of quality at a much lower price than the Gavita LEDs. The SF 7000 also comes as part of an LED light and ventilation combo set with an 8″ fan and carbon filter.
- 650 watts of power
- Samsung LM301B diodes, high energy efficient drivers with a photon efficiency of 2.8 umol/J
- You can daisy chain up to 14 of these lights, great for commercial growers
- Dimensions: 29″ x 21.9″ x 4.07″
Spider Farmer also offers several other LED lights for 4×4 tents:
- The 730 watt SE 7000 LED light has more power and light intensity than the SF 7000, but at a higher price. They’re the best LED lights for weed that Spider Farmer makes.
- The 450-watt SF 4000 LED light provides less light coverage so there’s less 4×4 LED yield. But the lower price makes it a good choice for cannabis growers on a budget. If you’re just getting started growing weed, Spider Farmer sells a 4×4 LED grow tent kit with the SF 4000 light.
Mars Hydro TS 3000W LED Light
Best LED lights for weed under $500
The Mars Hydro TS 3000W LED is a good choice if you don’t want to spend a fortune on your LED light. At this price point it’s not the best LED light you can get in terms of light coverage and intensity for growing weed plants. But it’s a good balance of cost, quality, and reliability.
- 450 watts of power with built-in dimmer
- 1016 LED diodes and two waterproof Mean Well Drivers (1274umol/J)
- Provides light coverage for 4×4 flowering tents or 5×5 vegetation tents
- Dimensions: 25.28″ x 22.8″ x 2.72″
Because of its lower price point the TS 3000 is one of the best LED grow lights for weed growers on a budget. If you’re looking for increased yield you’d be better served by getting a more powerful LED light for their tent.
It’s also available as part of a 4×4 led grow tent kit that includes the TS 3000 W LED and a 4×4 grow tent.
This grow tent and LED combo kit gets you going for just over $600. The Mars Hydro 4×4 tent is solidly built and this set will give you many years of good buds.
Summary: Best LED grow lights for weed
If you want the best LED grow lights for weed they won’t come cheap. The overall winner in terms of quality materials is the Gavita Pro 1700e.
If you’re thrown off by the higher price of getting LED grow light for your weed plants, LEDs might not be the best answer. You’re better off using an air cooled 600 watt or 1000 watt HPS/MH combo light which costs around $200.