This edibles recipe for hot buttered rum with cannabutter is a great way to warm up on a cold winter’s day. Hot cannabuttered rum is perfect for sipping THC by a fire after a long day on the slopes (or a lazy day in your pajamas).
This hot buttered rum recipe serves four people. Make sure to dose your cannabutter appropriately. If your cannabutter is too potent to use an entire half cup for four servings, use a mixture of regular butter and cannabutter to lower the THC dosage.
Hot buttered rum with cannabutter: recipe and ingredients
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted cannabutter at room temperature (or a mixture of cannabutter and regular butter to reduce potency)
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces dark rum
- 3/4 cup of near-boiling water
How to make hot buttered rum with cannabutter
- Beat cannabutter, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg with an electric mixer on medium speed for one minute.
- Combine 2 tablespoons spiced cannabutter with 1.5 ounces (one shot) of dark rum in each of 4 coffee mugs.
- Pour 3/4 cup boiling water in each mug and stir. Enjoy!
Not that this hot buttered rum recipe can also be made with white rum if you don’t have dark. Adding a few drops of molasses can substitute somewhat for the missing dark rum taste, but it’s better to use dark rum for this recipe if you can.
If you liked our edibles recipe for hot buttered rum drinks using cannabutter, take it to the next level by enjoying with a Russian tea cake weed edible (AKA a snowball) or a classic fudge brownie weed edible.