In this recipe for how to make weed pancakes with Bisquick or Bisquick Complete (or similar box pancake mixes such as Aunt Jemima or Hungry Jack), you’ll learn how to make marijuana pancakes using pancake mix. This is helpful if you don’t have the ingredients on hand to make weed pancakes from scratch.
Keep in mind that you also could make pancakes using the standard Bisquick/Aunt Jemima/Hungry Jack box recipe and just adding some cannabutter, THC-infused cannabutter maple syrup, or THC honey on top.
Recipes for weed pancakes with Bisquick
Bisquick Original weed pancake recipe
The standard Bisquick pancake ingredients used in their recipe is:
- 2 cups (240 grams) Original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup (240 milliliters) milk
- 2 eggs
To make this into weed pancakes, just add in:
- 1-2 tablespoons melted cannabutter, based on strength of your cannabutter and the desired potency
It is important to remember to gently mix the Bisquick pancake batter in this recipe. Too much mixing of boxed pancake batter mix will cause tough gluten strands to form, resulting in tough, chewy pancakes. Leave a few lumps in the batter, mixing until just combined. If your batter is too thick your pancakes will be thick as well; whisk in a little more milk to loosen.
You you are making weed pancakes with Hungry Jack, Aunt Jemima, or other box pancake mixes, follow their directions and add in cannabutter to provide THC.
Marijuana pancakes with Biscuit Complete
You can also make weed pancakes with Bisquick Complete “just add water” mix by adding the Bisquick Complete mix, water, and melted cannabutter.
- To make 6-7 pancakes, use 1 cup mix, 2/3 cup water, and cannabutter to achieve desired potency.
- To make 20 pancakes, use 3 cups of mix, 2 cups of water and the desired amount of marijuana butter.
How to cook weed pancakes with Bisquick
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Add ingredients to large mixing bowl and mix gently with a whire whisk. Avoid overmixing, leave a few lumps. Try to stir as few times as possible.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon regular butter (not cannabutter) in frying pan or griddle and coat bottom of pan.
- Spoon pancake batter into pan, making pancakes consistent in size.
- Cook until lightly browned on bottom and flip. When edges of pancakes begin to firm they’re usually ready to flip. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
How to make cannabutter for this Bisquick weed pancake recipe
This weed pancakes recipe using Bisquick uses cannabutter to provide THC. If you need to make cannabutter for use in this Bisquick weed pancake recipe, here is how you do it:
- How to make cannabutter from marijuana buds or trimmed leaves
- How to make cannabutter from kief or dry ice hash
- How to make cannabutter from shatter/dabs/butane hash oil
- How to make cannabutter from bubble hash
- How to make cannabutter from scissor hash
How to determine the THC content and potency of Bisquick marijuana pancakes
The best way to determine the THC content of your Bisquick weed pancakes is to pay attention when adding the cannabutter.
If you know the strength of your marijuana butter is 1000 mg THC per stick, then each tablespoons of your cannabutter would have 125 mg THC. Using two tablespoons this cannabutter would mean that the total THC content of the Bisquick weed pancakes recipe would be 250 mg. Dividing the resulting pancakes equally among four users would mean there would be about 62.5 mg THC per serving. Divided among 6 users, it would be about 42 mg per serving. 8 portions would result in 31 mg per person.
If you can make your weed pancakes the same size, you can determine the potency per pancake by dividing the total milligrams of THC by the total number of pancakes. If you used 250 MG of THC in your cannabutter and the recipe makes 12 pancakes, then each pancake would have about 21 mg THC each.
To cut these amounts in half, use a 50-50 ratio of cannabutter and regular butter.
Other recipes for making weed pancakes
While this is a great recipe for making weed pancakes using Bisquick or boxed pancake mix, a better tasting pancake can be made with this recipe for weed pancakes from scratch.
You could also just add a portion of cannabutter directly on pancakes prepared according to the recipe on the Bisquick box to get the same result. This works well since you can adjust THC dosage for each person eating the pancakes, and it doesn’t involve altering the Bisquick recipe itself. It works for the “just add water” Bisquick mix as well.
A great tasting THC-infused maple syrup is another great tasting, easy to make recipe that allows you to incorporate marijuana into Bisquick pancakes.