In this post we’ll show you how to make cannabutter from bubble hash. Growers who make bubble hash from trim consisting of leaves and popcorn buds often want to turn this hash into weed edibles.
Since THC is fat soluble, making cannabutter with bubble hash is a great way to add THC to your favorite recipe that calls for butter.
Bubble hash cannabutter recipe
- Decarboxylate your bubble hash to activate the psychoactive THC. Decarbing your hash is an essential step to ensure your edibles work properly. Learn how to decarb bubble hash.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add decarbed bubble hash to the pan, and simmer gently while breaking any chunks of hash with a spatula.
- Cook on low heat 5 minutes. Simmer gently so the butter lightly bubbles, but don’t allow to cook too much or your butter will brown and take on a nutty flavor. Browned butter is great on pasta, but not so great for weed brownies or other sweet edibles. Remember, you’re just looking to dissolve the hash in the butter and simmer for a few minutes. You’ve already activated the THC in the decarb process, so it doesn’t have to cook for an extended period of time.
- Remove from heat. Your cannabutter can be used right away, or stored in the refrigerator in a mason jar or other container with a tight seal.
Edibles recipes for bubble hash cannabutter
Once you’ve made cannabutter from bubble hash the real fun begins. How should you use it?
We’ve tried cooking a variety of recipes for weed edibles, and here are a few edibles recipes for bubble hash that are easy to make and very delicious. These recipes for bubble hash edibles can be made at varying strengths based upon how much bubble hash you use per stick of butter in your cannabutter.
- Weed brownies made with dry ice hash
- These fudge weed brownies in this recipe are made with kief extracted by being sifted with dry ice, and the exact same preparation works great for cannabutter made with bubble hash.
- Snowball weed cookies AKA Russian tea cake weed edibles
- These sugar-coated snowball cookies in this cannabutter recipe are very simple to make and they taste amazing. It’s best to make them low-potency since you’ll want to eat a bunch.
Once you know how to make cannabutter from bubble hash you can use it in a variety of other ways. Add to toast or top pancakes to add some zip to your morning. Cold winter days are warmed up by a steaming mugs of hot buttered rum topped with cannabutter by a cozy fireplace.
Just make sure to keep cannabutter made with bubble hash out of the hands of kids – store safely!