In this recipe for marijuana pancakes, you’ll learn how to make weed pancakes from scratch with cannabutter. You’ll also learn how to determine the THC content of your weed pancakes so you can properly calculate the amount of THC in each pancake. This recipe pairs well on a cold morning with our THC-infused hot chocolate recipe for a delightful breakfast. Top with THC-infused maple syrup or Marijuana-infused honey.
How to make weed pancakes from scratch with cannabutter
This is the best-tasting weed pancakes recipe we’ve tried, it is based on a non-THC pancake recipe that has been handed down in my family for generations that originated from an ancient edition of the Franny Farmer Cookbook.
This marijuana pancakes recipe will show you how to make weed pancakes from scratch using cannabutter to provide the THC. If you need to make cannabutter for use in this weed pancake recipe, here are some ways you can prepare marijuana butter:
- How to make cannabutter from marijuana buds or trimmed leaves
- How to make cannabutter from kief or dry ice hash
- How to make cannabutter from shatter/dabs/butane hash oil
- How to make cannabutter from bubble hash
- How to make cannabutter from scissor hash
It is important to remember to gently mix the weed pancake batter in this recipe. Too much mixing causes tough gluten strands to form, making the pancakes chewy instead of light and fluffy. It’s ok to leave a few lumps in the batter, mix slowly a few times until just combined.
Ingredients in weed pancakes
This recipe will serve 3-4 people. Double all ingredients for larger groups. If you’re feeling hungry and want to double the recipe without doubling the THC content in your pot pancakes you can just use a ratio of regular butter in addition to the cannabutter.
- Dry ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wet ingredients
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted cannabutter (or a mix of cannabutter and regular butter to equal 2 tablespoons total)
How to make weed pancakes batter
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Combine the four dry ingredients in a mixing bowl with a whisk so they’re evenly distributed.
- Add the three wet ingredients. Use wire whisk to stab the yolk to help break it up.
- Gently stir and fold the batter together until combined. Try to stir it slowly and as few times as possible.
How to cook weed pancakes
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon regular butter (not cannabutter) in frying pan or griddle and spread to coat.
- Spoon small ladles full of weed pancake batter into pan. Try to make them consistent in size.
- Cook until lightly browned on bottom. When edges of pancakes begin to firm they’re usually ready to flip. Cook until both sides golden brown.
How to determine the THC content and potency of marijuana pancakes
The best way to determine the THC content of your weed pancakes is to pay attention when you make your cannabutter.
If you know the strength of your cannabutter is 700 mg THC per stick (which would be common if you made 1 stick of marijuana butter using 1 gram of shatter), then each tablespoons of your cannabutter would have 87.5 mg THC. Using two tablespoons of this strength cannabutter in the weed pancake recipe above would mean that the total THC content of the recipe would be 175 mg. Dividing the resulting pancakes equally among four users would mean there would be about 44 mg THC per serving. Divided among 3 users, it would be 58 mg per serving.
How to store marijuana pancakes
Since you are cooking these weed pancake from scratch you’ll want to save any extras by storing them in the fridge for up to a few days or in the freezer for longer-term storage. Vacuum-sealed bags work best but freezer bags will suffice. Clearly label them as being for adults only and indicate the THC content for future reference. Be very cautious if you have kids, especially if your kids are used to eating frozen pancakes.
Other recipes for making weed pancakes
In addition to this weed pancakes recipe, we have a few other recipes for pancakes using marijuana:
- How to make weed pancakes with Bisquick, great for an easy breakfast when you don’t have the ingredients on hand to make your marijuana pancakes from scratch.
- How to make cannabutter maple syrup to use with marijuana pancakes. This THC pancakes recipe puts the cannabutter into a rich, delicious maple syrup so you can dose THC based on syrup and not the pancakes themselves. Helpful for groups where not everyone wishes their pancakes to be medicated