THC-infused hot chocolate recipe: how to make marijuana hot chocolate
THC-infused hot chocolate is great way to warm up your soul on a snowy day. We’ll show you how to make marijuana hot chocolate from scratch. Adjust the cannabutter amount to raise or lower the amount of THC in this drink recipe.
This recipe also tastes great if you leave out the cannabutter altogether for a non-psychoactive drink, but if you just searched to learn how to make THC-infused hot chocolate recipes then that’s probably not what you’re here to read about. So here we go with our marijuana hot chocolate recipe that serves 4 people. We’ll show you how to make the necessary cannabutter below.
This recipe for weed hot chocolate goes great with weed pancakes topped with THC-infused maple syrup.
Marijuana hot chocolate recipe
Ingredients: Weed hot chocolate
- 6 oz. water
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups whole milk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips, cut into fine pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cannabutter (adjust amount based on cannabutter potency and desired THC dosage, see below for help with this)
How to make THC-infused hot chocolate
- Bring 6 oz. water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder until it is smooth with no lumps. Break up lumps with fingers before adding it in if needed.
- Add 3 cups of milk and return to a simmer.
- Whisk in chocolate and sugar and simmer while continuing to whisk constantly for about 5 minutes, until chocolate is melted and everything is smooth and creamy.
- Add hot chocolate to 4 mugs. Add 1 teaspoon of cannabutter to each drink and stir to dissolve as it melts.
How much THC is in this marijuana hot chocolate recipe
When consuming THC-infused drinks such as this marijuana hot chocolate recipe you’ll want to make sure that you know how to properly determine the dosage of THC in your weed-infused drinks. Since this drink recipe uses cannabutter to infuse THC, you can easily vary the amount of cannabis is your drink by using less cannabutter for users seeking lower dosages.
If you are using cannabutter with a THC ratio of 700 mg per stick, each teaspoon of butter will have 29 mg of THC. This is a great dosage level for most users.
How to make the cannabutter to infuse THC in this weed hot chocolate recipe
If you’re looking to make cannabutter to infuse THC in this marijuana hot chocolate recipe you’ll likely want to make a larger amount of THC butter and just use a little bit for each drink. Here’s a few ways to prepare your cannabutter based on the type of marijuana product you’re planning to use to make it:
- How to make cannabutter from marijuana buds and/or trimmed leaves
- How to make cannabutter from kief or dry ice hash
- How to make cannabutter from dabs, shatter, butane hash oil
- How to make cannabutter from bubble hash
- How to make cannabutter from scissor hash
Once you’ve made your cannabutter you can store in the fridge until you’re ready to consume it.