In this post we’ll show you how to make cannabutter from scissor hash. Growers who scrape the sticky resin from the blades of their trimmers when trimming weed plants often want to turn this scissor hash into weed edibles.
Since THC is fat soluble, making cannabutter with scissor hash is a great way to add THC to your favorite recipe that calls for butter.
Scissor hash cannabutter recipe
- Before cooking cannabutter with scissor hash, first you’ll need to activate the psychoactive THC in the hash via decarboxylation. Decarbing any form of hash is an important step when cooking edibles. Learn how to decarb scissor hash.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Break up any chunks of the decarbed scissor hash and add to the pan, and simmer gently while breaking up any chunks of hash with the bottom of a large spoon.
- Cook on low heat 5 minutes. Simmer gently so the butter lightly bubbles. The goal is to heat gently to dissolve the hash in the butter and simmer for a few minutes. Since you’ve already activated the THC in the decarb process, the scissor hash doesn’t need to simmer in the butter for an extended period of time.
- Remove from heat. Your scissor hash cannabutter can be used right away, or stored in the refrigerator in a sealed mason jar or other container with a tight seal for several weeks.
Edibles recipes for bubble hash cannabutter
Now that you’ve made cannabutter from scissor hash you’re ready to make edibles.
Since scissor hash contains some remnant plant material and potentially small grains of sediment, you’ll want to cool it in the fridge to let the sediment settle. You can skim off the pure butter, or if you’re making a heavier recipe such as brownies you can add the chunks in to maximize potency.
- Weed brownies
- This recipe for fudge weed brownies is made with kief, and the exact same preparation works great for cannabutter made with bubble hash.
- Snowball weed cookies AKA Russian tea cake weed edibles
- These frosted snowball cookies in this weed edibles recipe are very simple to make and they taste amazing. You’ll want to skim the pure cannabutter off and leave any chunks out of the recipe since these cookies are light in color and texture.
Once you learn how to make cannabutter using scissor hash you can use it in a variety of other ways. Add to waffles, pancakes, or french toast for a nice start to your morning.
Warm up a cold winter day and spread some joy among friends with steaming cups of hot buttered rum topped with cannabutter.
Storing cannabutter made with scissor hash
Cool scissor hash in a small mason jar or other tight sealing glass container for up to a few weeks in your fridge. Using clear glass to store scissor hash cannabutter will help you scoop out the pure butter while leaving any sediment easily.
Make sure to store cannabutter made from scissor hash safely, keep out of hands of small children!