This THC-infused drink recipe for hot-buttered apple cider with cannabutter is a great way to pregame a cold football game or take the sting of after a day carving up the slopes.
Grab a glass of hot cannabuttered apple cider and pull up a chair by the fire, you’ll be nicely toasty in no time!
Ingredients: hot-buttered apple cider with cannabutter
- 1 and 1/2 cups applejack (or substitute apple brandy such as Calvados)
- 1/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (3/8 stick) cannabutter
- 6 cups apple cider (or unfiltered apple juice)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 whole cinnamon sticks
- Fresh grated nutmeg
Makes 6 servings.
Hot buttered apple cider with cannabutter recipe
- Bring applejack, brown sugar, and cannabutter to simmer in large pot over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Do not let it boil, just a slow simmer.
- Add apple cider, lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks; bring to boil and turn off heat. Let steep for a few minutes.
- Serve cider mixture into 6 cups. Add a cinnamon stick and freshly grated nutmeg to each cup.
This recipe for hot buttered apple cider with cannabutter can be made ahead of time and served later. Refrigerate in a covered container and gently reheat.
How much THC is in this hot buttered apple cider edibles recipe?
The amount of THC in the cannabutter you use will directly affect the potency of your cider drinks. Always use caution when mixing THC-infused drinks with alcohol, they can pack quite a punch.
How to calculate THC in this edibles recipe
If you have 1000 mg THC per stick of cannabutter and this recipe uses 3/8 a stick for 6 servings, then each cup of cider would have 62.5 mg of THC and 2 oz. of brandy per serving. To reduce the THC per drink to 30 mg per servings using this same cannabutter, use 1.5 tablespoons of cannabutter and 1.5 tablespoons of regular butter.
If each stick of cannabutter has 720 mg of THC total (as would be common if you made your cannabutter with 1 stick of butter and 1 gram of shatter/dabs/BHO) then 3/8 a stick would provide 270 mg of THC total, or 45 mg for each of the 6 servings.
How to make cannabutter for this hot buttered apple cider recipe
Here are some recipes for making cannabutter that you can use for this hot buttered apple cider recipe. Remember to make your cannabutter so that the 3 tablespoons required for this recipe will provide a comfortable THC level for 6 of your guests. Don’t overdo it!
- How to make cannabutter from dry ice hash or kief
- How to make cannabutter from marijuana buds or trimmed leaves
- How to make cannabutter from shatter/dabs/BHO (butane hash oil) concentrate
- How to make cannabutter from bubble hash
- How to make cannabutter from scissor hash
Other THC edibles drink recipes using cannabutter
Here are some other THC-infused drink recipes similar to this apple cider with cannabutter recipe: